Cantaloupe presents at TDCA AGM event
Friday, July 8, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed being a guest speaker at the TDCA (Timber Decking & Cladding Association) AGM on Thursday 7th July. Cantaloupe has been project managing the complete redevelopment of the association’s website for a number of months now and it is set to be a very powerful tool when it launches in due course.
Director of operations at the TDCA, Janet Sycamore, asked me to talk to board directors and TDCA members about “How to develop a top ranking website”. I covered the importance of focusing on keywords and optimizing your website at every available opportunity. Indeed, it’s important to remember that a website is simply another marketing tool and it should be designed to work as hard as it can for your business, integrating with all of your other marketing activities, whether offline or online.
Having enjoyed getting out of my comfort zone and presenting my thoughts, I thought it might be helpful to highlight a few key points here on the Cantaloupe website – so here goes:
- Ensure that your objectives are clear from the start. A website can perform in all manner of ways – what do you want yours to do for you?
- All websites should inform, interact and integrate
- Focus on optimizing your website from creation onwards
- Always invest the time to fully understand and identify your keywords. If you need outside help to do this, just ask – Cantaloupe can help
- Build your website with the search engines in mind
- Be assured that Responsive is essential – even in the most traditional of industries
- Ensure that your website gives your audience plenty of opportunity to interact with your business, whether it’s a well thought out contact page or an online chat facility
- Your website should receive constant attention and you should be updating content regularly to help Google and other search engines rank it effectively. Investing in outside help, should you not have the skill or resource in-house, can be a sound investment to build the visibility of your website and your business
At Cantaloupe, we work with a wide variety of websites. Some of them we have helped to create, others we have got involved when they already exist. We help businesses day-to day and month-to-month with their online presence, when they are too busy or lack the right resource to sustain this themselves. And thrown in for good measure, we can provide skilled copywriting, knowledge on how best to optimize your website, banner design and other artwork plus the ability to perform a full website audit should you wish.
If you’d like to talk to us about our website creation and management services, please do get in touch.